Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Set Collection: 2009 Allen & Ginter

As I mentioned the other day, I didn't work a whole lot in 2009, so naturally, I didn't spend a lot of money on baseball cards. For Allen & Ginter, all I bought were a few blasters. This left me well short of completing the set. A few weeks ago, the Dimwit (not the Nitwit as I posted a few days ago ... that's a helluva a way to treat a guy who put you 90+ cards closer to completing the set) sent me 90+ cards from the set. 

That was cool and now Jeremy has continued the coolness by sending me 35 more for 18 1980 Topps that he needed. Thanks Jeremy! I'll be keeping an eye on your want lists. If you click this link, you too can help Jeremy with his wants.

Maybe I'm just a homer, but I see Nate McLouth bouncing back and having a good (if not BIG) year for the Braves. It won't be enough to keep him in center though. I think Jordan Schafer is on his way back.
These are my favorite non-player cards Jeremy included in the trade. I especially like the Suez Canal card. I mean if a canal ever deserved its own baseball card, this is the canal. Well, and Panama.
This is easily my favorite card from the trade, and in the running for my favorite card in the set. Allen & Ginter has a lot of virtues, and the inclusion of Negro Leaguers has to be among the most important.

2 comments:

Nathan said...

nice cards, and thanks for the great scans

Duane said...

i will check out your lists later but i am sure i can put together some ginters for you...i have a stack of 07s to go with the 08 and 09s...

Duane

abshokie.blogspot.com