Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Baseball America Top Prospect Braves

Well, Baseball America has released their top 100 prospects, and here are the Braves on the list:

93. Arodys Vizcaino - I look for him to move up big time on the list next year once he shows he has overcome his injury. He was mentioned in the same breath as Teheran after the Vazquez trade.

86. Craig Kimbrel - If Kimbrel can throw strikes the way he did at the end of last season, then he will be more valuable that many of the names ahead of him on this list.

37. Mike Minor - As much as I like Beachy, I would prefer to see Minor win the spot in the rotation. It would be nice to be able to throw at least one lefty out there each time through the rotation.

35. Randall Delgado - I hope to get a chance to watch Delgado, Teheran and Vizcaino pitch this year. Teheran and Vizcaino have sucked up all the oxygen to the point that the common Braves fan has no idea how good this kid is. (He is very, very good.)

17. Freddie Freeman - I have little doubt that he will contend for Rookie of the Year. It will be fun to get to watch him play day in and day out this year.

5. Julio Teheran - He ended up the top ranked pitcher, barely edging out Hellickson and Chapman. Given the choice, and knowing that the guy isn't needed immediately, I'd take Teheran out of the three, but I'm not sure you could go wrong with any of them. (I must say, I'm not sure I get using Chapman as a setup man.)

Agree? Disagree?

UPDATE: Well, now the site has Hellickson 5th and Teheran 6th. Fair enough. I'll still take Teheran.

1 comment:

Nathan said...

Well, I don't know enough about these guys to project them going forward, but I will really be rooting for Teheran to succeed.

I live in Colombia, and have started a Colombian player collection, and he's just recently been added to my list. I'm really looking forward to watching him progress.