Friday, May 6, 2011

Set Collection: 2011 Topps Heritage (Annoying!)

As much as I love the 1962 design, not all is roses with the 2011 version. Take a look at the following two cards and marvel at the fact that they are not variations. One is not a short print. Nope, they are both just regular cards included in the base set.



I could spend a decade ranting about Topps and the Yankees, but I find myself tired. I've accepted that a majority of all insert cards and subsets will be devoted to the Yankees. I do not understand for the life of me why one of their players needs TWO base cards in a set. Pointless and stupid.

1 comment:

The Lost Collector said...

Even as a Yankee fan, I don't quite understand this one. It's just weird. I even wondered in Series One why some guys had a rookie cup and a regular base, but at least that's a variation. Definitely a head scratcher with this particular car.