Monday, February 21, 2011

Glavine Collection: 2005 Playoff Absolute Memorabilia #84

Generally speaking, I don't get a lot of pleasure out of seeing cards of Glavine in a Mets uniform, but right now, it makes me happy. Why you ask? Easy. The Mets are going to suck again this year. Bad. There's no doubt that they took some steps this off-season that will pay long-term dividends (unless, of course, the Wilpon family finds a way to screw it all up), but it won't matter in 2011. How bad do I think they'll be? Well, I believe that the Nationals will better them in the standings.

Thanks to Rhubarb_Runner for the card!
I seriously detest the Wilpon family and it amazes me that Selig and Company have no problem with them owning a major league franchise, but will do everything in their power to make sure that Mark Cuban doesn't.