Sunday, September 12, 2010

Maddux Collection: 2005 Upper Deck Milestone Materials MM-GM

An admission ... I used to love the Cubs. In fact, as recently as 2003 they were my solid second favorite baseball team. I became a fan when I was a kid because I could watch their games on WGN during the day during summer break while waiting for the Braves game to come on in the evening on TBS. I began to like them even more while I lived in Chicago from 1997 to 2000. I must have seen them play 50 times in the three years I lived there. Something about the reaction of the Cub fans to the Steve Bartman Incident left me cold though. There's a fine line between lovable losers and pathetic. They crossed it and I have since left the fold.
I'm starting to get seriously annoyed with the backs of Upper Deck relic cards. Perhaps I should calm down since, obviously I guess, the focus of a relic or an auto card is on the relic or auto itself.

No comments: