Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Relic Collection: Brian McCann (x4)

Not much to say here. These McCann relics were picked up from a Thorzul group break. Despite his disappointing 2012, probably due to a shoulder injury, McCann remains a personal favorite.

Sadly, I don't see a future for him in Atlanta beyond next season. I expect the Braves to pick up his option year for the 2013 season, but I don't see them signing him long term after that. There are already questions about how well his body is holding up to the rigors of catching everyday in MLB.

I think he'd be more valuable in the AL where he can split catching and DH duties. It makes me sad to think of Mac in another uniform, but I think it's probably best for him and the Braves long term, especially is Christian Bethancourt is ready.


1 comment:

flywheels said...

Say it ain't so! I can't imagine B Mac not being behind the plate. True his output this year has been hampered, but I still believe he's one of the best catchers in the NL.