Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Set Collection: 1982 Topps

Using my credit at Check Out My Cards, I also picked up the cards I needed to complete my 1982 Topps set. Back in the day, I never really came close to completing this set. In fact, I bought as many packs of 82 Donruss as I did Topps. Since I got back into collecting, I've slowly brought this set to near completion thanks to a number of trades. Like the 1985 set, I was lacking some pretty good baseball players. Four guys in the Hall of Fame and one who sure as hell belongs there. Unlike with the players I was missing from 1985, I like four of these players a lot, with only Yaz leaving me cold. (I rode on a plane with Rod Carew once a few years ago. He rates behind Bob Newhart and Stevie Wonder, and ahead of Little Richard and many of the WCW wrestlers for the coolest people I've seen on airplanes.)





No comments: