Sunday, May 8, 2011

Walk Now for Autism Speaks

On May 22nd, my wife and I will be walking in the Georgia Walk Now for Autism Speaks event. My wife is a special education teacher and is the most impressive person I know. She was a music major in college, and one day, she worked as a substitute teacher for a special education class. There she met a young man with autism and fell in love with the child. She has since dedicated her life to learning and helping those with autism. Eight years later, she's the best teacher in the world (yeah, I'm biased) and is now starting her dissertation as she works towards her PhD. 


She blogs in several places, most notably at Mrs. Mays's Class and The Autism Teacher. She is currently raising money for Team Mays at the Georgia Walk. For more information, you can click this link. If you live in the Atlanta area and are interested in walking, you can click here to get the details.


I know this is a baseball card blog, but I'm so proud of my wife and I just wanted to show my support!

1 comment:

MNicoleM said...

Aww thanks! love you <3