Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Game Day: May 14, 2011

It would be an understatement to say that this is my favorite copy of Game Day I've ever gotten at a Braves game. It was an even bigger honor to see the pre-game ceremony before Saturday's game featuring many elderly Negro League players, mostly from the southeast. In addition to the ceremony, one gentleman got to throw out the first pitch, one got to yell play ball, and another was named co-captain and got to bring out the lineup with Jason Heyward to start the game. Really, really nice.

Additionally, I got a free Atlanta Black Crackers ball cap and got to see my favorite team beat the Phillies while looking great in their old Negro League uniforms. I just wish I could have been at Sunday's Civil Rights Game. I could say I don't want to get into the controversy, and I don't, not really.

Still, I'm going to link to this post that I agree with and say that this is rapidly becoming one of my favorite blogs about the Braves. She is indeed out of my league.

1 comment:

Johngy said...

I emailed you a bit ago. if you send me your address, I have some 1981 T from your #2 list.
Johngy1 at aol