Thursday, October 7, 2010

Surprise Purchase: Julio Teheran

I've never been much for prospecting. The items that I collect tend to be very specific and I rarely sell cards anyway. I mean, it takes up enough time just building my collection without trying to turn a profit. That said, this year, I decided that I would start a little "prospecting project". All I needed was a player.


As a Braves fan, the player was easy. I needed a guy who has superstar potential, but wasn't going to be in the big leagues until late-2011 at the earliest. Realistically, this guy won't be wearing an Atlanta uniform until 2012, but you never know. Julio Teheran is the real deal and his arrival in Atlanta will no doubt be trumpeted the same way Jason Heyward's has been.


Still, prospecting is a risk, especially where a pitcher is concerned. That hasn't stopped me. I've been buying up Teheran cards all year. Will I make a killing on them? Yeah. Right. Still, it's been fun. It was certainly nice to add 7 2009 Bowman cards and 5 2009 Bowman Chrome cards to my burgeoning "project". Wish me luck.




No comments: