Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Glavine Collection: 1995 Stadium Club #183

I find it strange that the so-called premium cards were a big reason I stopped collecting in the early 90's. I look at this card now and it is simply beautiful. The name is easy to read (perhaps, because of the mound in the background) and I think every card should be required to have a team logo. The cool oval should be optional.
On the other hand, I do not like the back of this card. I'm fine with pictures on the back and all, but I find the data hard to read and buried in the design. Oh well. It's not so bad that it could detract from the nearly perfect front. (Damn. This is another set I might need to build someday.)

2 comments:

gcrl said...

that is a nice card. even better than the cool oval with the team logo is dodger stadium in the background of the photo.

Chris Mays said...

I've only been to Dodger Stadium once, about 10 years ago, but I had a great time. I'll admit to still having some residual hatred of the Dodgers from the Braves NL West days, but ultimately, any team with Vin Scully is A-OK with me.