Friday, April 24, 2009

Glavine Collection: 1999 Upper Deck Retro #10

There doesn't seem to be any new information out there about Glavine's recovery, but I found this terrific column from Canada about a Glavine fan who is now watching the players he grew up with retire. I know the feeling. As a fan who came of age in the late 70s through the 80s, all of my early favorite players are long, long gone. Steve Carlton, Mike Schmidt, Andre Dawson, Dale Murphy, Tim Raines, J.R. Richard ... the names go on and on. Still, my reward for all of those bad teams the Braves fielded in the 80s was the 90s and now those guys are on their way out. Maddux quit. Glavine may very well be finished. I can't see Smoltz pitching more than another year at most. Mr. Carroll, I know just what you mean by "Fan-Life Crisis".

No comments: