Sunday, March 15, 2009

Braves Collection: Wayne Causey

1969 Topps #33 Mr. Causey was picked up from the California Angels when the Braves purchased his contract in late 1968. He's see action in 16 games with the Braves as either a utility infielder or a middle infielder. It was also the last hiccup of his career as he would retire at the end of the season. All in all his career was rather ordinary. Even his career years, 1963 and 1964 when he received MVP votes, weren't great. He was just a major leaguer, and all in all, that's not too bad, is it? This is one of my favorite sets of all time and I look forward to the Heritage set in about a decade. I have the Braves team set from 69 and I have a bunch of doubles for my Atlanta braves binder so you'll be seeing quiet a few cards from this set in the days and weeks ahead.

No comments: